[Dovecot] Sieve, vacation, company (domain-wide) message possible?

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Tue Sep 10 18:03:29 EEST 2013

On 10 Sep 2013, at 05:05 , Charles Marcus <CMarcus at Media-Brokers.com> wrote:

> On 2013-09-09 8:29 AM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
>> On Monday 09 September 2013 08:28:26 Charles Marcus did opine:
>>> What I'd like is to be able to set a company (domain-wide) auto-response
>>> for when our company is closed for holidays... more specifically, extra
>>> holidays (often the boss will close an extra day for an extra long
>>> weekend). He has asked more than once about setting an auto-response for
>>> *everyone* during these periods...
>
>> I would be very careful about doing that.  You will wind up on the spam
>> blocker lists & have a hell of a time getting back off them.
>
> ?
>
> If it works exactly the same as normal vacation messages - doesn't auto-reply to any type of list or other auto generated content, and only replies once per day per sender (and for this company wide responder if the same sender sends to more than one of our addresses, they only get ONE response, not one for each recipient

That is the "be very careful" part.

Auto-responders are notoriously fiddly to get quite right.

> - why would doing this at the company/domain level be any different?

Because there is much more opportunity to screw it up.

--
NOTHING IS FINAL. NOTHING IS ABSOLUTE. EXCEPT ME, OF COURSE. SUCH
TINKERING WITH DESTINY COULD MEAN THE DOWNFALL OF THE WORLD. THERE MUST