[Dovecot] Mountpoints with auto mounter

Steffen Kram sk at kram.io
Mon Sep 16 12:41:59 EEST 2013

Hi,

I'm running dovecot on a OmniOS installation and I'm wondering what I can do about all those mount point warnings in my logfile. The problem occurs because of the running auto-mounter which manages my mail directories. Isn't it possible for dovecot just try to access the directories before logging an error message. Shall I remove the corresponding mount points from the list of tracked mount points with the doveadm mount-command? The documentation does say nothing about situation with an active auto mounter.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers,
Steffen