[Dovecot] Doveadm with a 2nd Instance

Chris Lasater vorgusa at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 16:11:03 EEST 2013

While testing some more I found out something else.  I have an alias set
for doveadm so it was running with sudo and that ended up being part of
the issue.  If doveadm is run as a regular user then the problem goes away

[user at server ~]$ doveadm -i Director log find
Debug: /home/user/apps/logs/director/director_debug.log
Info: /home/user/apps/logs/director/director_info.log
Warning: /home/user/apps/logs/director/director.log
Error: /home/user/apps/logs/director/director.log
Fatal: /home/user/apps/logs/director/director.log

[user at server ~]$ sudo doveadm -i Director log find
Debug: /home/user/apps/logs/dovecot_debug.log
Info: /home/user/apps/logs/dovecot_info.log
Warning: /home/user/apps/logs/dovecot.log
Error: /home/user/apps/logs/dovecot.log
Fatal: /home/user/apps/logs/dovecot.log

Also if I run "sudo doveadm stop" to stop the main instance, I now have
the ability to use the -i Director using sudo.  Unfortunately this makes
it difficult to manage two instances.  Does anyone have an idea of
getting this to work with sudo?
Chris