[Dovecot] Disable maildir indexing and dovecot-uidlist on LMTP/LDA delivery

Jiri Bourek bourek at thinline.cz
Wed Apr 2 15:23:34 UTC 2014

If you're trying to do this without reading, you can't read the sieve rules.

If you only want to prevent the delivery process from reading Maildir
data (messages) and don't mind when it reads dovecot-uidlist, one
possible solution may be moving dovecot-uidlist (and others) out of the
Maildir. For example:

mail_location =
maildir:/somewhere/mailboxes:INDEX=/somewhere/else/index/:CONTROL=/somewhere/else/control/

(It's written by heart, so check syntax and adapt for your setup before
using)

Also you'll need to move index and control data to new location before
switching this on. I'm not sure if that can be done without downtime.