[Dovecot] nfs flush/fsync config settings problem

Wesley Huang huang at utsc.utoronto.ca
Wed Apr 2 18:44:09 UTC 2014

Hi All,

Same as Troton, I'm hitting the same problem in the latest 2.2.12 with
the exact same error "Fatal: nfs flush requires mail_fsync=always". The
mail_fsync config parameter has been set to "always" and all-settings.c
detects correctly parsed_fsync_mode=2. But the index->fsync_mode is
detected as "0" in the mailbox_list_index_refresh() function in
lib-storage/list/mailbox-list-index.c: ilist->index->fsync_mode=0. FYI
I'm pointing the 2.2.12 to mail data served by 2.2.4 and I couldn't find
any index format changes in the release notes.

Anyone has more insights?

Cheers,

Wesley