[Dovecot] nfs flush/fsync config settings problem

Alessio Cecchi alessio at skye.it
Thu Apr 3 08:22:43 UTC 2014

Il 08/01/2014 09:23, Troton_admin ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I need to place a maildir storage on a NFS filesystem, so I set up the config like this:
>
> mmap_disable = yes
> mail_nfs_storage = yes
> mail_nfs_index = yes
> mail_fsync = always
> lock_method = dotlock (also tried fcntl - local lockd is running, no success, now using dotlock, to be sure while debugging)
>
> The problem is that Dovecot (2.2.9/2.2.10 - the relevant code in mail-index.c is the same) logs a fatal error and quits the session (no daemon crash/coredump).

Hi,

I have a similar configuration but with dovecot 2.2.12 and NFS for me
works fine. Have you insert the "mail_fsync = always" in the right
place? Is there only one "mail_fsync" setting in your config? First
check this:

root at mx:/etc/dovecot# grep mail_fsync /etc/dovecot/ -R
conf.d/10-mail.conf:mail_fsync = always

root at mx:/etc/dovecot# dovecot -n | grep -E 'sync|nfs'
mail_fsync = always
mail_nfs_index = yes
mail_nfs_storage = yes
maildir_very_dirty_syncs = yes

# 2.2.12: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64 x86_64 Debian 6.0.9

Let me know.
Ciao
--
Alessio Cecchi is: