[Dovecot] Is replication broken?

IT geek 31 itgeek31 at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 2 19:40:18 UTC 2014

> Before I do this, my question is this - will Postfix automatically
> know where to find the inbox, or will I have to do modify my Postfix
> config somehow?

To answer my own question, I have to edit my Postfix main.cf file with the
following command:

mailbox_command = /usr/pkg/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda -f "$SENDER" -a
"$RECIPIENT"

More info can be found here:

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/LDA/Postfix

I'm still having permission issues though:

(Command died with status 126: "/usr/pkg/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda -f
"$SENDER" -a "$RECIPIENT"". Command output: sh:
/usr/pkg/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda: permission denied )

More to follow.

-Mark