[Dovecot] Is replication broken?

IT geek 31 itgeek31 at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 2 18:29:23 UTC 2014

> Actually asked another way, "why should I waste time rtfm when I can just be lazy and waste everyone else's time with questions that I could otherwise easily answer myself?"...

Actually pal that's utter bollocks.  I did RTFM, but I think it's
widely recognised the Dovecot wiki (Replication especially) isn't as
informative as it could be.  If it was I wouldn't be asking for help.

> Sorry, but it is a pet peeve of mine when someone provides an answer that makes it painfully obvious that they didn't even *try* to answer the question themself.

And that's fine.  Despite your patronising tone, I appreciate you
contribute heavily this thread and where you do offer help it is
appreciated.

Look... I'm not looking for a spat here.  This mailing list already
has a few unhelpful toads without us adding to the list :-)

I plan to follow your advice and migrate a test mailbox to mdbox using
the following command:

dsync -v -u username mirror mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/mail/username

And adding the following to my dovecot.conf:

mail_location = mdbox:~/mdbox

According to http://wiki2.dovecot.org/MailboxFormat/dbox, the Inbox
will then be moved under $HOME:/mdbox/mailboxes/INBOX.

Before I do this, my question is this - will Postfix automatically
know where to find the inbox, or will I have to do modify my Postfix
config somehow?

Thanks,

-Mark