[Dovecot] Disable maildir indexing and dovecot-uidlist on LMTP/LDA delivery

Alessio Cecchi alessio at skye.it
Thu Apr 3 12:08:44 UTC 2014

Il 02/04/2014 12:27, Jouko Nikula ha scritto:
> Hello all,
>
> Is there a way to use LMTP (or LDA) so that maildir index and
> dovecot-uidlist are not updated?
>
> My setup is such that mail delivery sees user's maildir as write only. This
> setup works well when using postfix for mail delivery, but when I try to
> switch to dovecot LMTP the lmtp process wants to read the dovecot-uidlist
> and fails on insufficient privileges. Is there a way around this without
> exposing the maildir and mail home  for read access?
>
> Regards,
> Jouko Nikula

Hi,

I'm running dovecot with index disabled on LDA (but isn't possibile to
disable dovecot-uidlist update).

Disable index update with LDA is usefull in some situation (one POP/IMAP
server and two or more MX) and can be set up with:

protocol lda {
   mail_location = whatever-you-have-now:INDEX=MEMORY
}

Take a look at this thread:

http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2012-January/062924.html

Ciao