[Dovecot] Unknown setting: plugin after fresh install

Patrik Karisch patrik.karisch at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 14:10:36 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

I've installed dovecot 2.1.7 on a Debian Wheezy, tweaked some parameters
little bit, but I can't restart it (dovecot -n also fails) and get this
error:

doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file
/etc/dovecot/conf.d/90-acl.conf line 11: Unknown setting: plugin
doveconf: Error: managesieve-login: dump-capability process returned 89

Wether I uncomment this plugin line, I get the error on another file
(example 90-quote.conf). Seems a little bit weird. What have I done false?

Thanks Patrik
--
PRIVACY IS NOT A CRIME! So please encrypt your emails using PGP/GnuPG.

My PGP Key-ID: 0x42D6DEA0 / 0x28B8F6E242D6DEA0
PGP Fingerprint: 4C1F ED51 047A D0E2 6C20 F3F7 28B8 F6E2 42D6 DEA0