[Dovecot] dsync replication questions

Teemu Huovila teemu.huovila at dovecot.fi
Mon Apr 7 11:15:13 UTC 2014

On 04/07/2014 12:22 PM, Simon Fraser wrote:
> Thank you.  Is it still only the changes that are synced each way, or
> the entire mailbox? I'm trying to gauge the performance hit for enabling
> this on larger mailboxes. (I could, of course, run some tests, but
> someone may already have done that)
Cant say anything certain on this one. I do know that not all the messages are sent to the other side. There are optimizations
in place, using the Dovecot transaction logs and some pretty complicated application login, but a lot of data still needs to be
processed by the dsync "brains".

I think testing with your particular setup and data would give the most accurate results.

br,
Teemu Huovila