[Dovecot] dsync deleted my mailbox - what did I do wrong?

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Mon Apr 7 15:27:02 UTC 2014

On 7/4/2014 4:01 μμ, Jiri Bourek wrote:

> I was doing some trial and error testing with doveadm sync (should be
> the same as dsync mirror.) If used on a mailbox which has seen some
> changes, this sync's behaviour is just strange.

I can confirm (on 2.2.12) that the behavior is the same using
replication (mirroring). Creating a folder on either end, e.g. as a
subfolder of Inbox, does not create an identical new folder on the other
end. I would expect that the folder is replicated!

Manual dsync from the CLI will not replicate folders as well.

I will agree with Jiri that is a strange (wrong?) behavior in dsync.
Folders should be replicated, whether new or not. If not, how message
moves between older and newer folders can be replicated on the fly?

Please advise on how to handle this situation because if folders are
created/deleted/moved by users, dsync may lead to a chaos!

Nick