[Dovecot] Dovecot LDAP issue

Christian Schmidt Christian.Schmidt at chemie.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Apr 7 20:42:26 UTC 2014

7.04.2014 20:43, Deeztek Support:
> On 4/7/2014 2:08 PM, Oscar del Rio wrote:
>>
>> On 04/ 7/14 01:46 PM, Deeztek Support wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm authenticating users through AD and it seems to work with no
>>> problems. Unfortunately, when I try to send e-mail from a user who's
>>> not in the testou container I get the following error:
>>>
>>> Sender address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table> #SMTP#.
>>>

>> Looks like a Postfix error, not Dovecot.
>
> I don't think so. Postfix already looks from the root of the AD down and
> it has no problems. Dovecot does not authenticate at all if I simply put
> the AD root in the ldap configuration file.

"User unknown in virtual mailbox table" is what *postfix* tells you.
Dovecot does not do SMTP (yet). Thus, I suppose that dovecot doesn't get
involved at all (although this depends on your configuration).

I recommend to check the restrictions you defined in your postfix
configuration.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Schmidt

--