[Dovecot] dsync replication does not replicate new subfolders

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Wed Apr 16 07:26:56 UTC 2014

Hello,

Although this issue has been raised in another thread:

    https://www.mail-archive.com/dovecot@dovecot.org/msg57281.html

I decided I should create a new one dedicated on it because that thread
includes other issues as well, and the issue in question still remains
unresolved although it is an important one (and I am hoping to attract
Timo's attention on it, too ;-) ).

The problem is that when dsync is configured between two servers
(master/master), messages do get replicated, but newly created
subfolders do not get replicated; as a result, when messages are moved
by users from existing folders to newly created ones, replication
results in chaos. Manually running a dsync command does not resolve the
issue. See details of debug log on the above thread.

I remind you that the configs of the two master/master installations
(2.2.12) are available at:

    Primary Master:
    https://www.mail-archive.com/dovecot@dovecot.org/msg57298.html
    Secondary Master:
    https://www.mail-archive.com/dovecot@dovecot.org/msg57304.html

The questions:

 1. Is it an expected dsync behavior that newly created subfolders do
    not get replicated?
 2. If yes, how can we replicate those?
 3. If not, what is going wrong in the replication process? Does our
    configuration need a fix (which?) or does Dovecot needs one?

Please advise!

Sincerely,
Nick