autocreate mailboxes

Gedalya gedalya at gedalya.net
Fri Aug 1 21:26:25 UTC 2014

On 08/01/2014 04:54 PM, Mike Pultz wrote:
> I wanted to take advantage of the mailbox option to auto create and auto
> subscribe users to a Sent and Trash folder (using the support for the
> special use flags), but ideally, I only want to do this for new mailboxes,
> and not for all the mailboxes that already exist on the system.

I guess this could be done with extra fields:
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/UserDatabase/ExtraFields

The syntax being something like
namespace/inbox/mailbox/Sent/special_use=\Sent ..? Or something like
that. Note the userdb_import facility for passing multiple options.

**I wonder if it wouldn't be useful to be able to create configuration
sections and activate them with a single, simple extra field rather than
pass the entire section itself?
In a similar manner to protocol imap { }, maybe we can have
$extra_options1 == "yes" { } and pass extra_options1 = yes as an extra
field?