namspace management

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Tue Aug 12 16:04:10 UTC 2014

Hello,

since some weeks I'm playing with namespaces. But I still did nod
found a solution for all faces of different problems.

Current issue: Public namespace.
I have users inbox as follow:

mail_home = /data/mail/%Ln/
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir:INDEX=~/.dovecot.index
namespace {
   inbox = yes
   separator = /
   prefix = INBOX/
}

Public namespace:
namespace {
   location =
maildir:/data/mail_public/Maildir/:INDEXPVT=~/.dovecot.index.public/
   prefix = PUBLIC/
   separator = /
   type = public
}

that way only one subscription file is possible. Any use could
subscribe/unsubscribe any folder
and that match all users.
If I add "subscription=no" the parent namespace' subscription is used.
In fact there is no parent namespace
an no subscription management is possible at all.

On the other side I tried to change the PUBLIC namespace prefix to
"INBOX/PUBLIC" but now the namespace is
*below* the inbox. That's also not what I want.

How do other users organise the namespaces INBOX, PUBLIC, SHARED and
VIRTUAL (via virtual plugin) ?

Thanks
Andreas