Trouble getting public folders working

Daniel Parthey pada at posteo.de
Wed Aug 20 11:58:27 UTC 2014

Am 19.08.2014 15:47, schrieb Bjarne Mark Kondrup:
> 1. I cannot get shared folders to work with pr. user settings. What i
> want is a public folder that all my users can see but each user marks
> mail as read individually. Atm no matter how i set it up if user1 marks
> a mail as read, then user2 will also see that mail as read :(
Upgrade to Dovecot 2.2 and have a look at INDEXPVT in order
to use private indexes, even for shared/public mailboxes.

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/SharedMailboxes/Public
Per-user \Seen flag (v2.2+)
> 2. ACL to control the permissions. Right now all users can move mail and
> remove mail from the shared folders. I want people (except a few
> specific users) to be read only on this public folders.
Enable the imap_acl plugin for imap service and configure
ACLs according to your permission policy.

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/ACL

There is also "doveadm acl" command to modify ACL entries.
> 3. Need to know if i'm creating the folders correctly. Right now i'm
> under my shared folder directory creating shared_folder and 3 subfolders
> beneath it (cur, new and tmp). After this it shows up in eg. roundcube
> and i can subscribe to it.
You can create folders with "doveadm mailbox create"

Kind regards
Daniel

--
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org