Object storage

List list at airstreamcomm.net
Tue Aug 26 15:08:50 UTC 2014

Timo,

We are contemplating building an S3 compatible cluster of storage
servers using Pithos <https://github.com/exoscale/pithos> and Cassandra
to get multi data center redundancy and availability. Would it be
possible to have multiple Dovecot servers in disparate geographical
locations all talking to the same object storage, assuming it's
consistent between sites?  From what I remember about obox the dovecot
servers all keep a copy of the index locally and merge it with a file in
the object storage at intervals, is this an issue with our concept?
Also does your team have any performance analysis data on the obox
plugin, or data on it's use in production?