best file system ?

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Dec 1 21:37:02 UTC 2014

Am 01.12.2014 um 17:24 schrieb absolutely_free at libero.it:
> Hi,
> I'm going to set up a new storage for our email users (about 10k).
> It's a network attached storage (Coraid).
> In your opinion, what is the best file system for mail server (pop3/imap/webmail) purpose?
> Thank you

If it is a NAS, as you state, then you don't have to think about the
filesystem, because the storage unit does not provide block devices for
filesystem creation.

Else - in case you get block storage instead of NAS - "best filesystem"
depends on a lot of parameters. If there would be a best one, then there
wouldn't be room for several choices.

Alexander