best file system ?

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Tue Dec 2 07:24:49 UTC 2014

El 01/12/14 a las 18:45, Sami Ketola escribió:

>> On 01 Dec 2014, at 18:24, absolutely_free at libero.it wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I'm going to set up a new storage for our email users (about 10k).
>> It's a network attached storage (Coraid).
>> In your opinion, what is the best file system for mail server (pop3/imap/webmail) purpose?
>
> Depends on what OS you have chosen, or if OS is not the limiter I would go with ZFS.

	Have you any performance comparison with xfs?

	I'm running two imap servers. One with about 9k accounts and 3.5TB of
storage, and another with 55k accounts and 2TB of storage with XFS, and
I'm thinking about migrating them from XFS to ZFS but I'm concern about
IO performance of ZFS. When we developed these two servers, I remember
reading some zfs performance problems in comparison with xfs (I have
lost the link) and that was the reason to finally use xfs, but now we
are having problems with LVM snapshots and we also like some zfs
features (like replication) so we are thinking about the change.

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática