Migrate with Dsync

Randall Gellens dovecot at randy.pensive.org
Fri Dec 12 18:38:00 UTC 2014

At 6:14 PM +0100 12/11/14, Dominik Breu wrote:

>  i have a simple and maybe stupid question but,
>  read the guide on http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Migration/Dsync now i wonder
>  where to put this configuration ? May i oversee something but i would
>  appreciate any hint toward solving my problem.

Hi Dominik,

I'm not sure, but my guess is that it goes into a new file in
'/etc/dovecot/conf.d/', perhaps with a name such as '90-dsync.conf'.
I believe that it is also possible to not write this into a file but
instead pass each option on the command line using '-o'.

I am trying to figure this out because I want to migrate lots of mail
from an old IMAP server to dovecot, and I'd like to preserve the
mailbox GUIDs and the message UIDs.

--
Randall Gellens