Deleting files in sdbox

Marc Stürmer mail at marc-stuermer.de
Sat Dec 27 08:18:46 UTC 2014

Zitat von Jeff Mitchell <jeffrey.mitchell at gmail.com>:

> I have a script that can find these duplicated messages (by ignoring
> the first few and last few lines of each message, and using SHAs to
> compare and find the duplicates). However, I don't see a doveadm style
> command to manually delete messages, except for doveadm-expunge. In

Well...

doveadm is an abstraction layer to the user. It doesn't care that you
want to delete file x or y, it does care that you want to delete that
one specific mail and locates it for you and deletes it then. That's
being done on purpose.

And deleting mails with doveadm needs to operations:

1. you need to mark the mail for deletion, means you need to expunge it, then
2. you need to purge it.

Purging all your mailboxes should be done in a maybe daily run cron job.

And how to construct a dovecot search query is documented here:

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools/Doveadm/SearchQuery

You could use the message UID to delete those pesky messages maybe.

Of course you could try deleting those messages on your own and run
afterwards a doveadm index. This should also do the job.