Deleting files in sdbox

Jeff Mitchell jeffrey.mitchell at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 15:18:29 UTC 2014

On Dec 27, 2014 3:19 AM, "Marc Stürmer" <mail at marc-stuermer.de> wrote:
> You could use the message UID to delete those pesky messages maybe.
>
> Of course you could try deleting those messages on your own and run
afterwards a doveadm index. This should also do the job.

As I said in my OP I could use doveadm-expunge with a search query. But
I've done that and it's very slow to rerun constantly with various UIDs. I
could maybe write a query with thousands of UIDs if it wouldn't complain.

My actual question as stated was what happens if I just rm those files...
if Dovecot will be okay with it, figure out that the mailboxes don't match,
and fix the index and cache files. If rerunning doveadm-index after
manually will make everything happy, this seems like the faster approach.
But I just want to make sure I won't damage the sdbox in a permanent sense.

Thanks,
Jeff