[Dovecot] Sieve is not getting the propper RCPT from the LMTP daemon

Greg Rivers gcr+dovecot at tharned.org
Wed Feb 12 05:12:45 UTC 2014

On Tue, 11 Feb 2014, Stephan Bosch wrote:

> On 12/24/2013 2:15 PM, klondike wrote:
>> The relevant lines for the test e-mail I sent are these:
>> sieve: info: started log at Dec 24 13:37:23.
>> main script: line 9: info: DEBUG: envelope to `klondike (at) gentoo.org'.
>> main script: line 10: info: DEBUG: envelope from `klondike (at) gentoo.org'.
>> info: msgid=<52B97FF7.6050109 at gentoo.org>: stored mail into mailbox 'INBOX'.
>
> A similar issue was mentioned and solved a little later on the mailing
> list, so that is why I forgot about this one. That involved Sendmail though:
>
> http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2014-January/094385.html

If you read further down that thread, you'll see that both Miquel van
Smoorenburg and Steffen Kaiser pointed out that this solution only works
in the case where there is one and only one recipient.  So it's not a
general solution.

Because of that, I am using dovecot LDA instead of LMTP until I can write
a custom sendmail ruleset to pass +detail to LMTP.  Here's my sendmail LDA
configuration ($h contains the detail part of the ID):

FEATURE(`local_procmail', `/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda', `dovecot-lda -a $u+$h -d $u')

--
Greg