[Dovecot] Problem rebuilding Centos 5/6 pigeonhole RPM from mercurial version

Juan C. Blanco jcblanco at fi.upm.es
Wed Feb 12 09:33:48 UTC 2014

On 11/02/2014 22:07, Stephan Bosch wrote:
> On 2/7/2014 6:13 PM, Juan C. Blanco wrote:
>> works fine, but if I install pigeonhole in a different path, i.e.
>>
>> pigeonhole-0.4.2$ make install DESTDIR=/var/tmp/pigeonhole
>>

> Ok, so what are you trying to achieve by installing in a different
> destination? I wouldn't call myself a libtool/autotools wizard and I am
> pretty much as puzzled by this behavior as you are. Obviously, I have
> never tried this before myself, and I am wondering why anyone would want
> to. :)

Thanks Stephan, I don't want this by a specific reason, I have two
differente packages, derived from de atrpms ones, one for dovecot and
the other one for pigeonhole;  the problem arises when trying to rebuild
de pigeonhole rpm, in the context of rpmbuild the installation root is a
temporary directory that only contains the files needed by this rpm,
then does not contains any of the dovecot files.

I've done some debug tests with libtool and seems that the problem is
with libtool itself, while processing lib-sieve libtool does not include
de real paths of any of the ".la" libraries on which it depends, the
paths for libdovecot-storage and libdovecot are included while
processing this dependencies in the case of libdovecot-lda.la it depends
on both.

The rpmbuild is done on a system without dovecot or pigeonhole
installed, I think that the obvious workaround is to build dovecot rpm
and then install dovecot and dovecot-devel before rebuilding pigeonhole.

Thanks for your time.
Juan C. Blanco

> Regards,
>
> Stephan.

| Juan C. Blanco                                                 |
|  Centro de Calculo              |                              |
|  Facultad de Informatica U.P.M. |  E-mail: jcblanco at fi.upm.es  |
|  Campus de Montegancedo         |                              |
|  Boadilla del Monte             |  Tel.:    (+34) 91 336 7466  |
|  28660 MADRID (Spain)           |  Fax :    (+34) 91 336 6913  |