[Dovecot] lmtp_rcpt_check_quota not working

Bernhard Schmidt berni at birkenwald.de
Thu Feb 13 09:47:59 UTC 2014

Axel Luttgens <AxelLuttgens at swing.be> wrote:

Hi Axel,

> Le 11 févr. 2014 à 08:34, Bernhard Schmidt a écrit :
>
>> [...]
>> so Dovecot should reject in RCPT TO phase, but according to the logs of the
>> upstream Postfix it does so after END-OF-DATA
>>
>> (host xxx[2001:xxx] said: 452 4.2.2
>> <user at domain.de> Quota exceeded (mailbox for user is
>> full) (in reply to end of DATA command))
>> [...]
>
> Hello Bernhard,
>
> Could you exercise your quota-status service with variations of:
>
> 	# telnet xxx 12340
> 	Trying xxx...
> 	Connected to xxx.
> 	Escape character is '^]'.
> 	recipient=john.doe at example.com
> 	size=1000000
>
> 	action=OK
>
> 	^]
>
> and see whether the replies are the expected one?
>
> If yes, this would point to some error in Postfix' configuration.
>
> If not, well... could be you are facing the same kind of problem I'm
> having here (never managed to have the service reply anything else
> than "OK" or "REJECT Unknown user"...)

quota-status works absolutely fine, our frontend MXes defer mails for
mailboxes over quota. But when we try to send a mail to the mailbox
nevertheless through LMTP (i.e. because it was generated on a server
that doesn't check quota-status), it is deferred in LMTP in the
END-OF-DATA phase, not in RCPT TO as expected.

Bernhard