[Dovecot] Segmentation fault in libdovecot-storage.so

Ramon rorru at babel.it
Thu Feb 13 12:05:03 UTC 2014

Hi Steffen,
we tried the patch you suggested, but it does not resolve the issue, in
addition it involves pop3 only, and we are experimenting segfaults on
both pop3 and imap. We found more information about the problem:
deleting the index file, and letting the process recreate it, the
problem does not appear anymore using the related account. It seems to
be a corruption problem not detected when accessing cache, all core
dumps we analyzed trace the problem to the same procedure:
mail_cache_header_fields_read (for (p = names; p != end && *p != '\0';
p++) ; gets  an out of bound access).
Regards.

Ramon