[Dovecot] FTS question

Peter Chiochetti pch at myzel.net
Thu Feb 13 22:36:30 UTC 2014

Am 2014-02-13 21:15, schrieb PCh:
> Please advise:
>
> Can I override the user parameter in solr indexing and searching?
>
> To understand, why I wish for that, please consider my setup:
>
> # Mail is fetched from a remote imap server
> # dovecot LDA stores into Maildir as system user
>
> # Several virtual users exist in a static userdb
> # They all share the system users Maildir
>
> # everybody can see, move, delete etc. all the mails
> # dovecot mail_log plugin is used for audit
>
> So it is like all/only shared folders, isn't it? A cheap groupware,
> maybe… This works exceptionally well (2.0 and 2.2.11 as of now).
>
> The problem: When e-mails are indexed by solr, the uid of the virtual
> user is passed on, and only this user will later find that mail in a
> server side body search.
>
> I tried and made "user" an ignored field in solr schema, but then
> nothing will ever be found, because it is dropped when indexing, but
> will be asked for in searching.
>
> So far, what I learned in a day. Maybe someone can help?
>
> Thank You in advance

What I can think of now:

# proxy solr and cut off the +user part of the fq parameter
# this will still index any message multiple times due to different ids
# and will return a single message multiple times (if indexed so)

What I wish for: an extra field in passdb "solr_user". I guess, I will
not get that, if not compiling from source… What else can I wish for?

--
peter