[Dovecot] FTS question

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Feb 14 04:43:28 UTC 2014

On 14.2.2014, at 5.15, Peter Chiochetti <pch at myzel.net> wrote:

> Can I override the user parameter in solr indexing and searching?

No, and I think that would the wrong solution for this, because it would have to be repeated for everything in Dovecot that uses username as part of the mailbox identifier.

> To understand, why I wish for that, please consider my setup:
>
> # Mail is fetched from a remote imap server
> # dovecot LDA stores into Maildir as system user
>
> # Several virtual users exist in a static userdb
> # They all share the system users Maildir
>
> # everybody can see, move, delete etc. all the mails
> # dovecot mail_log plugin is used for audit

Change the user to be the same for all the users. Use the new %{auth_user} variable in v2.2.11+ for logging the unchanged username in login_log_format_elements and mail_log_prefix instead of using %u.