[Dovecot] lda+ldap multiple users

matthias lay matthias.lay at securepoint.de
Mon Feb 17 14:32:30 UTC 2014

Hi Bob,

On 02/14/2014 07:36 PM, Bob Miller wrote:
> I documented my sandbox qmail-ldap/dovecot system here, maybe it is
> useful to you:
>
> http://cocnm.computerisms.ca/index.php/Install_Qmail-ldap,_Dovecot,_and_Related_Email_Services

thx for your help and support, but changing stuff in qmail is not what I
really want.
in my case the system is not the real Mailserver its just an archieve
sitting in between an smtp proxy and the real server, capturing just the
mails I want, but deliver *everything* to the real server.

so not much to do on the qmail side. and thats the reason everything
user related is done in dovecot itself.
we do passwd lookups and user lookups only within dovecot. Filter looks like

user_filter =
(&(|(objectClass=msExchExchangeServerRecipient)(|(objectClass=group)))(|(proxyAddresses=smtp:%Ln@%Ld)(|(mail=%Ln@%Ld))))

...but if nobody knows if its possible inside the dovecot lookup
process, a new/seperate lookup process that calls dovecot-lda with the
username instead of the mailaddress might be the only opportunity.

Greetz
Matze