[Dovecot] Dovecot upgrade 1 to 2 on Debian Squeeze : broken /var/run/dovecot

Si L sloewent at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 20:41:12 UTC 2014

Downgraded successfully and dovecot 1 works and I shan't use Dovecot 2 because this was too confused to upgrade to.

I think lots of you will think "Moron should have read the instructions RTFM" and well you're right but I could not find them :(

If anybody's interested for downgrading on Squeeze:
apt-get purge dovecot-*  ( like dovecot-common and all of her other bits)
remove backports lines from sources.lst
rm -r /etc/dovecot/* just to be sure.
apt-get update
apt-get install dovecot-common dovecot-imapd
copy your dovecot version 1 confs into /etc/dovecot
Done :)