[Dovecot] Error "Initializing mail storage ..." after upgrading to 2.2.10

Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Fri Feb 28 08:19:55 UTC 2014

Am 28.02.14 08:37, schrieb Steffen Kaiser:
> On Thu, 27 Feb 2014, Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator wrote:

>>> But you'll see lines with home= mail= a.s.o. Are these settings
>>> correct? Maybe, post them, too.
>
>> I just realised, that I used just a basic configuration (from the
>> migration); I just added and started with the big conf.d and added my
>> setting.
>
>> There is still the same problem/error in the log, but with some more
>> text:
>
>> E.g. the rechnungseingang-finanzbuchhaltung looks like:
>
>> Feb 27 16:59:55 imap(rechnungseingang-finanzbuchhaltung): Debug:
>> Effective uid=3473, gid=1182,
>> home=/home/misc_accounts/rechnungseingang-finanzbuchhaltung
>
>> Feb 27 17:02:11 imap(rechnungseingang-animationsinstitut): Debug:
>> Effective uid=3474, gid=1182, home=
>
>> list=yes, subscriptions=yes
>> location=mbox:~/:INBOX=/var/mail/rechnungseingang-animationsinstitut
>
> See that next Info line:
>
> !!!!
> Home directory not set for user. Can't expand ~/ for mail root dir
> in: ~/
> !!!!
>
> In contrast to rechnungseingang-finanzbuchhaltung your userdb does not
> return no home dir for rechnungseingang-animationsinstitut, therefore
> your mail_location ~/ expands to the root directory "/".
>
> You have to correct your userdb. Maybe you need to clean the cache:
>
> doveadm auth cache flush

Hi,

[root at mail ~]# doveadm auth cache flush
doveadm(root): Error: userdb lookup:
connect(/var/run/dovecotauth-master) failed: No such file or directory
0 cache entries flushed

On the other hand I can confirm, that the user has a homedirectory which
he can access and write to. (e.g. there is a .forward file written by
that user.)

Strange. Cheers . Götz

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 82 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jürgen Walter MdL
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Thomas Schadt