[Dovecot] Dovecot LMTP does not pass envelope recipient +detail to sieve

Greg Rivers gcr+dovecot at tharned.org
Wed Jan 8 21:27:12 EET 2014

On Tue, 7 Jan 2014, Sean Kamath wrote:

> Glad to know my "for the archives" message(*) helped. :-)

Indeed it did. Thanks!

I was surprised to find that sendmail does not pass +detail during LMTP,
even though the default EnvToL rewrite rule declared in the local LMTP
mailer definition preserves it.

This was my first dovecot setup, so I didn't realize at first that the
lda_original_recipient_header in the LDA config file would also take
effect for LMTP.  Once I figured that out, it was a simple matter to use
your LOCAL CONFIG rule to have sendmail add the requisite header.

On Wed, 8 Jan 2014, Charles Marcus wrote:

> So... this is a hack to get x-original-to header support in LMTP...
>
> Hopefully Timo will see this and be able to fix this up so it supports
> it natively like the LDA does...

Given that LMTP does in fact parse X-Original-To (or any other header of
your choice) when lda_original_recipient_header is defined, I think one
would say that dovecot LMTP does already support this natively.

So it's not really a hack, it's just a matter of setting the dovecot
config variable and ensuring that the MTA adds the corresponding header to
each message.

--
Greg Rivers