[Dovecot] Dovecot LMTP does not pass envelope recipient +detail to sieve

Wed Jan 8 21:34:45 EET 2014

On 2014-01-08 2:27 PM, Greg Rivers <gcr+dovecot at tharned.org> wrote:
> Given that LMTP does in fact parse X-Original-To (or any other header
> of your choice) when lda_original_recipient_header is defined, I think
> one would say that dovecot LMTP does already support this natively.
>
> So it's not really a hack, it's just a matter of setting the dovecot
> config variable and ensuring that the MTA adds the corresponding
> header to each message.

Ok, cool... so... if I am getting the header right now, using the
dovecot LDA, then obviously the MTA is adding it.

Last question on this then - can I add this, then take my time switching
from the LDA to LMTP? Or would enabling it while stll using the LDA
cause an issue somehow, and I should wait and only enable it after
switching to LMTP?

Thanks,

Charles