[Dovecot] Dovecot IMAP proxy for gmail IMAP server

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jan 17 19:25:12 EET 2014

Am 17.01.2014 18:09, schrieb CM Reddy:
> I am experimenting to use Dovecot as an IMAP proxy to GMAIL server. I would
> like configure my localhost as an Dovecot IMAP proxy and trying to access
> my GMAIL using the Thunderbird email client. Please share the steps to
> configure and access my mails from GMAIL server

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/PasswordDatabase/ExtraFields/Proxy

but what is the benfit?

you can configure encryption and whatnot different
but that does not change the connection between your
proxy and the final destination - the weakest part
stays as problem independent what you do in the middle
of the connection