[Dovecot] imap abort after upgrade from 2.2.4 to 2.2.7

morrison morrisonli at 126.com
Fri Jan 17 19:38:38 EET 2014

Hi,

I used to use dovecot 2.2.4. I saw lots of warnings saying 'Extension header update points outside header size'.
I upgraded to dovecot 2.2.7, based on the discussion in mail list. Now, I see lots of imap aborts around:

    src/lib-index/mail-index-transaction-export.c:203:      i_assert(u32.offset + u32.size <= ext_hdr_size);

I also noticed, in some mailbox, imap process kept abort until all index files in the mailbox were manually deleted.

Did someone run into the same problem and any solution to this?

Thanks,