[Dovecot] doveconf base_dir

Andreas Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Sat Jan 18 00:28:17 EET 2014

Hello,

today I run the command "doveadm auth cache flush" for the first time.

# doveadm auth cache flush
doveadm(root): Error: userdb lookup:
connect(/var/run/dovecotauth-master) failed: No such file or directory
0 cache entries flushed
#

base_dir was the only item contain 'run' and it did not end with a /
So I tried to set base_dir to /var/run/dovecot/ and could now rerun
"doveadm auth cache flush" without problems.

I compile dovecot from source and found --with-rundir=/var/run/dovecot
as an option to configure.
I changed to /var/run/dovecot/, recompile and removed the base_dir
setting in dovecot.conf again.

Now "doveadm auth cache flush" work out of the box. doveconf -d
base_dir is var/run/dovecot/.

Finaly I compiled dovecot with --localstatedir=/var and removed
--with-rundir from configure.
The resulting package had again base_dir = /var/run/dovecot so
"doveadm auth cache flush"
don't work.

looks like somewhere the missing / should be added in case base_dir
has no trailing / without special configuration.

Andreas