question on lmtp logged message

Leonardo Rodrigues leolistas at solutti.com.br
Thu Jul 3 22:20:00 UTC 2014

Em 03/07/14 14:31, Timo Sirainen escreveu:
> On 25.6.2014, at 18.45, Leonardo Rodrigues <leolistas at solutti.com.br> wrote:
>
>>     I have dovecot running for IMAP4/POP3 and also local delivery through LMTP. It's working just fine, absolutely no problem on that, setup is fine.
>>
>>     Anyway, sometimes LMTP seems to not be able to deliver some messages and keep them on postfixqueue. And on the next or third try, the message gets delivered successfully. The logged message, however, is not helping me identify what is happening.Example:
>>
>> (error - message was expunged)
>> Jun 25 11:49:39 correio postfix/lmtp[21835]: ADB0A1AC05108: to=<vanilson.parreira at domain.com.br>, relay=correio.domain.com.br[private/dovecot-lmtp], conn_use=6, delay=13, delays=0.07/0/0/13, dsn=4.2.0, status=deferred (host correio.domain.com.br[private/dovecot-lmtp] said: 451 4.2.0 <vanilson.parreira at domain.com.br> Message was expunged (received-date) (in reply to end of DATA command))
> I guess the only good fix for this is to just get rid of this deduplication feature for now: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/51274bf2a47d
>
> Hopefully people don't rely on this feature too much.

     Hi Timo,

     I patched the 2.2.13 tree source, recompiled and installed. I'll
let it run for some days and look again if the messages dissapeared. I'm
still getting some few of these everyday, so noticing if they
dissapeared or continue to happen will be easy.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues

	gertrudes at solutti.com.br