ATrpms repo

Will Yardley dovecot.org at veggiechinese.net
Tue Jul 15 16:50:21 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 10:43:32AM +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:

> > Not only is
> >  http://atrpms.net/name/dovecot/
> > empty, but:
> > http://packages.atrpms.net/dist/el6/
> > seems to return a 404. Some of the mirrors still have the packages, but
> > does anyone know if they're going to continue to build 2.2.x packages?
>
> avoid ATrpms
>
> enable this repo unconditionally sooner or later will *** your
> OS installation because he overrides base packages often in
> incompatible ways and mixed with sane repos like rpmfusion
> years ago already leaded in randomly crashing applications

We don't have the repo enabled - we're just pulling in the package into
our internal repo (after testing). That said, I'm happy to get
recommendations for any RHEL6 repos that have Dovecot 2.2.x (or SRPMs
that will build cleanly on EL6).

While I'm comfortable with my ability to build my own packages, I'd
rather not have to. Unfortunately, 2.1 didn't work properly with our
setup (proxy / backend on the same machines), so despite some recent
bugs, I need 2.2 train.