Dovecot and Postfix - dovecot doesn't create sockets

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jun 13 14:02:23 UTC 2014

Am 13.06.2014 15:53, schrieb Bernd Weber:
> Thank you very much for your advice, but that error of postfx I got from the error-log. Dovecot doesn't complain.
> It only doesn't create the sockets, I have in the service section of 10-master.conf
>
> Am 13.06.2014 15:36, schrieb Bernd Petrovitsch:
>
>> On Fre, 2014-06-13 at 11:54 +0200, Bernd Weber wrote:
>> [...]
>>> Problem: Sockets /var/spool/postfix/private/auth and
>>> /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp are not created
>>>
>>> The only error message I get comes from postfix: no auth (SASL) founhd.
>>> Takes np wonder, the s ockets don't exist. Any help is welcome.
>> Look in the log files for the error message

you still did not answer if you have SELinux or something like that
running or how your FS permissions recursive down from /var/spool
are - something just prevents dovecot to create the files which
is not dovecot itself

i googled that for you:

http://www.howtoforge.com/postfix-dovecot-warning-sasl-connect-to-private-auth-failed-no-such-file-or-directory#comment-33245