Dovecot and Postfix - dovecot doesn't create sockets

Bernd Weber weber.bernd at imail.de
Sat Jun 14 10:07:40 UTC 2014

Thank you very much, Bernd, for your good advice. Though I know strace,
strange enough, I hadn't the idea myself to use it.
But what's stranger: to run dovecot under strace I stopped everythin and
didn't start strace with: service dovecot start, but directly, an oh
miracle, the sockets are created.
I didn't test yet if they work, but we will see.

When I find some time, I will trace the failure. And, oh shame, I
mustrusted dovecot.

CU

Bernd