Dovecot and Postfix - dovecot doesn't create sockets

Bernd Petrovitsch bernd at petrovitsch.priv.at
Fri Jun 13 14:22:39 UTC 2014

On Fre, 2014-06-13 at 15:53 +0200, Bernd Weber wrote:
> Thank you very much for your advice, but that error of postfx I got from
> the error-log. Dovecot doesn't complain. It only doesn't create the
> sockets, I have in the service section of 10-master.conf

There should be more somewhere with "permission denied" or similar
somewhere - the more useful programs log everything possibly strange.

Additionally you could start 'dovecot' under "strace" - e.g. `strace -o
dovecot.strace ...` and look for the socket() sys-calls for an error.

	Bernd
--
"I dislike type abstraction if it has no real reason. And saving
on typing is not a good reason - if your typing speed is the main