AW: Problem syncing mailboxes using doveadm sync

Przemysław Orzechowski przemek.orzechowski at makolab.pl
Wed Jun 18 10:28:42 UTC 2014

On 18.06.2014 11:28, Patrick De Zordo wrote:
> Would you really "sync" or just "backup"?
> To help decide, are you changing messages on both servers or is the second one just a backup-server?
>
> In case of backup you could use this command:
> doveadm backup -u user at example.com ssh backup.server.com doveadm dsync-server -u user at example.com
the problem is messages can be changed on both servers (this situation
can last for about 1 month till the old server is finally retired)
I have made initial backup using this command
doveadm -v -o imapc_host=src.srv -o imapc_user=test at domain.tld -o
pop3c_user=test at domain.tld -o imapc_password='pass' -o
pop3c_password='pass' -o mail_fsync=never -o mail_prefetch_count=20
backup -R -u test at domain.tld imapc:
Backup was successfull

When i try later to do sync it seems to work only from remote to loacal
(src.srv to the server im runing dovecot sync command on) and not the
other way
if i ommit -R in the sync command dovecot generates an error.