[Dovecot] When does the replication run normally?

Vijay Rajah me at rvijay.me
Tue Mar 4 16:59:42 UTC 2014

Daniel,

Not sure if you had any response.

There are 2 types of replication. (I'm assuming you have setup some sort
of replication using dsync and are using 2.2+ version of dovecot)

1. Fast replication -- Only syncs new mails
2. Full replication. -- Does a FULL sync, and validates the currently
replicated mails.

The fast replication occurs whenever a mail arrives for a user.

The full replication occurs based on "replication_full_sync_interval"
setting in your config. The default for "replication_full_sync_interval"
is 24 Hrs. (2.2rc2+)

to check the status of replication use

doveadm replicator status '*'  -- This will give replication stats for
all the users. (do not do this if you have a lot of users :-) ).

-Thanks
Vijay

PS: I'm not an expert on Dovecot. This is based on my personal experience.