[Dovecot] Planning migration

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Sat Mar 8 07:36:21 UTC 2014

I think I have a working dovecot installation, and the time has come to
migrate my users.  There are only 4 of us, so it can be done manually
per user.

I looked at this page in the wiki

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Migration/Dsync

but I am totally confused.

1st off, it uses doveadm, but with commands parameters that dont match
my doveadm's man page.  In fact they look more like dsync parameters. Is
there an error, or am I totally misunderstanding

2nd - if I assume its a dsync set of parameters, the imapc: at the end
is a specification of location2.  However, again my man page doesn't
give any explanation of this.  I am wondering, is this an example of an
proxy

3rd - where do the imapc_*  parameters go in the configuration  I can't
find any reference to them in the wiki