[Dovecot] Disable/patch iOS7 Full Body Search

Chris Laif chris.laif at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 12 11:26:08 UTC 2014

Nicholas,

I think the problem has nothing to do with the number of connections
iOS7 opens to the server.I do not get any warnings about too many
connections and the problem still persists.

I think the problem is the way iOS7 builds the search request (pure
sub-string search vs. fuzzy search, see fastmail.fm's blog post). The
pure sub-string search seems *not* to use dovecot's FTS at all :-(

But that's just guessing from my side, would be nice if any of the
experts could enlighten the situation. Timo, we need you ;-)

Chris