[Dovecot] Dovecot + roundcube -- Password Change

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Fri Mar 21 07:56:04 UTC 2014

Am 21.03.2014 08:21, schrieb Vijay Rajah:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Postfix + Dovecot (2.2.6) + roundcube 0.8.x + mysql.
>
> The roundcube webserver is hosted on a different server than the
> Dovecot. The dovecot itself is a replicated 2 node configuration.
>
> I would like to allow users to change the password from roundcube
> interface. All the examples I have seen, assume that roundcube runs in
> the same server as dovecot.
>
> Is there an example / documentation to enable this to work, applying
> reasonable security measures.
>
> -Thanks
> Vijay

depends where your password is stored, or what auth mech do you use i.e
with running on seperate sql server, configure roundcube to change pass
there, for sure your roundcube must be able to connect to external sql
server, so specially have a look at your firewall rules, ideally a
secondary private net is used for sql traffic

perhaps look at

http://trac.roundcube.net/browser/github/plugins/password

but i am no expert in roundcube, if this is the right plugin, for
problems as their list

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--