[Dovecot] Debian Wheezy Dovecot Replication no updates on message deposit

Milan Cvetkovic milan.cvetkovic at mpathix.com
Fri Mar 21 14:50:25 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am trying to setup dovecot replication based on:

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Replication
http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2013-January/087674.html

I know that 2.1.7 is dated, but I would refrain from upgrading, if not
necessary.

The problem I have is pretty much same as the one described in
http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2013-January/087674.html:

I have vmail user on both systems, setup with ssh public key logins with
empty passphrase. Apparently, dsync happens only on periodic updates. If
a message is deposited on one server, it will only propagate to the
other once a while.

Thanks, Milan.

Here is doveconf -n output:

# 2.1.7: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 x86_64 Debian 7.4
auth_mechanisms = plain login
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir
mail_plugins = " notify replication"
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope
encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric
relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify
environment mailbox date ihave
namespace inbox {
   inbox = yes
   location =
   mailbox Drafts {
     special_use = \Drafts
   }
   mailbox Junk {
     special_use = \Junk
   }
   mailbox Sent {
     special_use = \Sent
   }
   mailbox "Sent Messages" {
     special_use = \Sent
   }
   mailbox Trash {
     special_use = \Trash
   }
   prefix =
}
passdb {
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
   driver = sql
}
plugin {
   mail_replica = remote:vmail at 192.168.108.138
   sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
   sieve_dir = ~/sieve
}
protocols = " imap sieve pop3"
replication_full_sync_interval = 1 hours
service aggregator {
   fifo_listener replication-notify-fifo {
     user = vmail
   }
   unix_listener replication-notify {
     user = vmail
   }
}
service auth {
   unix_listener auth-client {
     mode = 0660
     user = Debian-exim
   }
}
service config {
   unix_listener config {
     user = vmail
   }
}
service doveadm {
   user = vmail
}
service replicator {
   process_min_avail = 1
   unix_listener replicator-doveadm {
     mode = 0600
   }
}
ssl_cert = </etc/exim4/exim.crt
ssl_key = </etc/exim4/exim.key
userdb {
   driver = prefetch
}
userdb {
   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
   driver = sql
}
protocol lda {
   mail_plugins = " sieve"