[Dovecot] Help connecting from remote client (no auth attempts)

Blake McBride blake1024 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 16:09:13 UTC 2014

What I meant by "don't care" is that there are, presumably, many secure
options.  I "don't care" about which one.  I just want something simple to
configure.

Having a working understanding of SSL, I understand that sending
unencrypted text over an SSL connection is reasonably secure.  I do it
everyday with SSH. I shouldn't need, nor does Thunderbird require, CRAM-MD5
or DIGEST-MD5.

I was hoping to get some assistance from someone for whom dovecot is their
"daywork".  My "daywork" presumably includes things not in your "daywork".
 I can surely learn the system, and wouldn't need anyone's help, but that
would detract from other things more important to me that I have a lot of
expertise in.  Presumably, I would return the favor when someone asks for
my help in areas I have expertise in.  We can either help each other with
our respective expertise, or we can tell each other to learn it themselves.