[Dovecot] Authentication woes, passwd standard install

medicineme talldarkandstrange at me.com
Wed Mar 26 14:08:03 UTC 2014

I have two users working fine. Tried to add a third and it refuses to accept
log on details.

I've stripped everything back to default config, and still only the first
two users are accepted! Can't understand it and it's driving me crazy. I've
deleted and created the user a thousand times, and opened the config up as
wide as possible. I'm obviously doing something stupid but what!

# OS: Linux 3.2.0-4-686-pae i686 Debian 7.2
auth_mechanisms = plain login digest-md5 rpa
base_dir = /var/run/dovecot/
disable_plaintext_auth = no
login_trusted_networks = 10.0.0.0/8
passdb {